Rotary Club of Grande Prairie Lottery Dream Home
Hamill Creek Timber Homes is proud to be a sponsor of the 2018 Rotary Club of Grande Prairie Dream Home Lottery. Hamill Creek crafted the distinguishing timber frame for the Dream Home. The Grande Prairie Dream Home Lottery is an annual fundraising event for the Rotary Club of Grande Prairie, Alberta. Purchase of tickets in this lottery help support Rotary Club of Grande Prairie community projects, including the Rotary Wellness Centre at the new Grande Prairie Regional Hospital. Each year a new dream home is built in Grande Prairie, Alberta; 2018 is the 25th Annual Dream Home Lottery.
The 2018 Dream Home is sited on a 0.6 acre lot in the Taylor Estates, on the southern edge of Grande Prairie, a location which blends the convenience of city living with the peace and beauty of country life. Quality custom built by Stonebuilt Homes of Grande Prairie, Alberta (https://.stonebuilt.ca), this hybrid timber frame home has 4,140 square feet of luxurious living space. The interior timber frame features large industrial style, hand adzed scissor trusses in the great room, exposed ceiling beams in the master bedroom, kitchen & dining room, and exposed interior rafters in the master en suite, home office and 2nd floor family room. This timber frame design is echoed in the exterior trusses over the entry porch, covered patio and in the gables. Above the interior timber frame there are complimenting tongue and groove wood ceilings, also supplied by Hamill Creek Timber Homes. This luxurious home is all built above ground, and with large window and an open concept floorplan, allows for a bright and sunlit interior.
If you would like to support the worthwhile community projects of the Rotary Club of Grande Prairie, Alberta, and a chance to win this Dream Home, follow the link to their Dream Home Lottery page to purchase a ticket. https://winadreamhome.ca
Photo Credit: Robyn Salyers
For the 2018 Rotary Club of Grande Prairie Dream Home, Hamill Creek Timber Homes crafted:
- Spectacular hand adzed timber frame bents with scissor trusses in the vaulted great room, and over the striking ground level patio
- Hand adzed exposed interior ceiling beams in the master bedroom, kitchen & dining room
- Hand adzed, exposed interior rafters in the master en suite, home office, and 2nd floor family room
- 1×6 tongue and groove interior ceilings above all the interior timber frame
- Great room hand adzed fireplace mantel
- Kitchen hand adzed mantel above the stove
- Exterior gable timber frame scissor trusses
- Exterior decorative eave brackets